- Great Oaks Charter School – Bridgeport (GO – BPT) is a charter school located in Bridgeport, CT. In the 2019/20 school year we will be educating 500+ students in grades 6-11.
- What sets GO – BPT apart is our mentoring model. We deliver at least two periods of one-on-one or small group mentoring to every student every day through the Great Oaks Fellowship.
- At Great Oaks, our unrelenting focus on academic achievement with individualized care and support develops students’ mindsets, skills and knowledge to prepare them for high school and college success. We deeply value our scholars and recognize the greatness in every individual. Our team gets to know students extremely well so that they can educate to the individual to maximize their potential.
- By the end of 8th grade, students will be performing at or above grade level in core content areas. They will take ownership over their academic career and consistently act on their commitment to academic excellence. They will understand how the choices they make today can impact the opportunities they have in the future. They will have developed a strong sense of self and pride in their own identity. They will use their strengths to be active contributors to the Great Oaks – Bridgeport community and to the greater good.
Our Core Values
- Excellence: We are committed to producing high quality work and never settling for good enough. We use our unique gifts and talents for our own and the broader good.
- Perseverance: We give our best effort to every task at every time. We strive to be the best version of ourselves. We persist in the face of challenges and take pride in our accomplishments.
- Integrity: We tell the truth to ourselves and others. We ensure alignment between our beliefs and our actions. We engage in honest self-reflection and do what is good, just, and true.
- Compassion: We see the greatness in each other. We appreciate each other’s strengths while supporting each other to improve and grow. We act with care and concern for others.
- GO – BPT is committed to investing in the Bridgeport community. In the 2019/20 school year we will be moving to 375 Howard Avenue as a part of a greater development project that will turn abandoned factories in Bridgeport’s West End into a custom space for our school, and housing for our mentors and teachers, as well as other municipal workers. To learn more about the School at Cherry Street, visit our community partnerships page.
Join an Amazing Team
We believe that high quality teachers and leaders are key to student success. We are committed to recruiting and developing talented educators.